Jun 15 '12
Twenty-five percent of Hawaiian fish species are found nowhere else in the world. This app is an ID guide to 80 of these species, handy for students, teachers, marine biologists and others. WARNING: this app does not cover all the fish on the reef, but it's a great start!
- Identify 80 endemic Hawaiian reef fishes by color, shape, family, scientific name, Hawaiian name.
- Watch underwater videos for each fish (requires internet connection).
- Flip through 100+ screens crammed with information and photos.
- Save fishes in a Logbook, add notes, edit notes, email Logbook (text only).
- Connect with FishBase for more information.
- To identify all the fish on the reef, get the Pro version.
Created by John Hoover, author of Hawaii's best-selling marine life ID books: The Ultimate Guide to Hawaiian Reef Fishes, and: Hawaii's Sea Creatures, a Guide to Hawaii's Marine Invertebrates. Check them out on Amazon.