Aug 24 '12
*If you are new to google reader, please visit https://reader.google.com to set up your google reader account.
Geed, an ipad client for google reader with natural interactive flow, minimized network traffic, automatic images prefetching and the “full conditional” reading capability.
- Orientation optimized interface: horizontal mode provides more flexibility for feed selection and vertical mode leverages maximum screen space for reading.
- Minimized network traffic: after fetching item content and images once, Geed only sync changed marks between server and local database. Even different users share item contents and images but differentiated by marks. This mechanism reduces network traffic significantly.
- Automatic images prefetching: after one item loading complete in expanded view, images in the following items will be fetched automatically. One item’s background color will be little grayer if it’s all images have been fetched, to remind you it could be loaded very fast.
- Mark items read: When online, under “Unread” or “All” category, clicking the white button with “✓” mark on feed cell might bring you two options to mark items read: “Mark All Read” as usual which will mark all items under this feed as read, and “Mark Above Read” which will mark the top visible item and the items above it as read.
- Unsubscribe feed: When online, Sliding on feed cell will prompt you to unsubscribe this feed from google reader.
- Recommended feed: When online, under “Recommended” category, clicking the white button with “+” mark on feed cell will prompt you subscribe this feed in google reader. Sliding on feed cell will dismiss this feed from recommendations. Just a reminder the recommended feeds appear only after you use google reader for some time might be several weeks.
- Configuration and offline read: “Settings” button only appear in vertical mode. Switch on “Syncing for offline reading” will synchronize specific number of unread items (with images) in each feed for offline reading. Synchronizing sequence is based on the frequency of feed being clicked in last 30 days. When syncing, you still can back to reading screen and continue interactions as usual.
- “Full conditional” reading experience: In offline mode, the functions of mark above read, mark visible read, mark star, share with google reader (previous sharing function inside google reader), share with twitter and share with email are still available, the changes will be synchronized at the first time when back to online. This enable Geed the “full conditional” reading capability - syncing unread items before leaving good network circumstance and continue your reading in any network conditions.
Thanks for choose our products and hope you enjoy.